Thursday, April 12, 2007

On Husbands in School

While my husband is pursuing an MBA at the same as me while keeping a full time job to pay the bills, my friend’s husband is also in school, getting his JD in LA. We rarely talk about this side of our husbands, but today was venting day, and so we decided that it was time for it to happen. We just so happened to be talking about our fabulous weekend in Napa, a girls’ retreat that did all of us a lot of good, when I mentioned that my husband was a bit upset about leaving him behind and all alone on Easter day. Well, I wasn’t really having any of it, because:

1. 1. I have spent way too many weekends locked up at home because he needed to study;

2. 2. He was just in Italy for about ten days, doing little to no work, and

3. 3. I was NOT going to stay home just to hear he could not do anything ‘cause he has final this weekend.

I thought I was absolutely brilliant in deciding to spend the weekend away, and it turns out he was a bit disgruntled about it. My friend’s take was that although he did not want her to go visit, he decided to spend the weekend without studying. As said before, it’s good to know you’re not the first, nor the only person struggling with the same issues!

I am so ready for my husband to be done with school… I might be a pain when I am bored, but he’s a whiner when he’s miserable, and he’s been miserable several times (and WAY too often!) during the past year. And I understand the pressure of being a triple-A performers while keeping a full time job, but my argument is…

Are we really sure that the A+ in Organizational Behavior is better than spending a Sunday outdoor with your wife???

No comments: