Saturday, March 17, 2007

On Husband Sickness

I know a lot of women- among whom my mother- for which there is no worse thing than a sick husband. Mine is actually fine- he doesn't complain too much, he is just truly miserable- I feel like squeezing him all the time, for he's ridiculously cute when he's sick: he's got these big watery eyes that make him look like a helpless puppy...

So, I have nothing against my husband when he’s sick- except when the time comes to do something AGAINST being sick. He will not medicate himself, he will not soak in a tub of warm water with eucalyptus essence in it, and in general he will fight any and all of my suggestions. Sometimes I feel he thinks I would not want his best interest, and prefers to keep on being miserable and sick rather than taking an aspirin. Am I such an evil wife???

No comments: